Intro to running Python
In this session, we're going to look at five different ways of developing and running Python. These are:
- running single text files ("scripts") at the command line;
- running one command at a time inside a REPL shell;
- combining scripting with REPL with IDLE;
- combining scripting with REPL in Spyder;
- combining REPL and other text in Jupyter/iPython Notebooks.
In addition to seeing how to run Python, we'll also start to look at debugging – sorting out issues with our code. The software we use to run the code will help us with this.
Work through the pages below to get an intro to running Python. Instructions are in bold like this paragraph.