School of Geography
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK
+44 (0) 113 34 33337
The main focus of my research is on the impacts and interactions of multiple anthropogenic global change phenomena and tropical forests. I am interested in better understanding how humans are impacting on the 'Earth System', specifically the tropical forest biome.
- Esquivel-Muelbert A; Baker TR; Dexter KG; Lewis SL; ter Steege H et al. (2017) Seasonal drought limits tree species across the Neotropics, Ecography, 40, pp.618-629. doi: 10.1111/ecog.01904
- Carlucci MB; Seger GDS; Sheil D; Amaral IL; Lewis SL et al. (2017) Phylogenetic composition and structure of tree communities shed light on historical processes influencing tropical rainforest diversity, Ecography, 40, pp.521-530. doi: 10.1111/ecog.02104
- Sullivan MJP; Talbot J; Lewis SL; Phillips OL; Qie L et al. (2017) Diversity and carbon storage across the tropical forest biome, Scientific Reports, 7, . doi: 10.1038/srep39102
- Dargie GC; Lewis SL; Lawson IT; Mitchard ETA; Page SE et al. (2017) Age, extent and carbon storage of the central Congo Basin peatland complex, Nature, 542, pp.86-90. doi: 10.1038/nature21048
- Coomes DA; Dalponte M; Jucker T; Asner GP; Lewis SL et al. (2017) Area-based vs tree-centric approaches to mapping forest carbon in Southeast Asian forests from airborne laser scanning data, Remote Sensing of Environment, 194, pp.77-88. doi: 10.1016/j.rse.2017.03.017
- 2004-2009 Evaluating Functional and Biodiversity Changes Across Tropical Forests.