Information about a library of packages for developing social simulation models.
This began to evolve in November 2008 as GENESIS got underway.
Version 0.1 of the software was released in November 2008.
Version 1.1 of the software was released in September 2011.
Version 2.0 of the software was released in December 2012.
Despite the current version number, this is research software that is still being tested, so it is only beta quality at best.
That means the API is not planned to change substancially, but the documentation is incomplete and there could be numerous logic errors and other issues.
If you use this code (or plan to), then please let me know. I am interested and will try to help.
The software is based on the Java Programming language.
- Only some of these are required depending on what is being run. This is a complete list of all code dependencies used in developing, compiling and running Andy Turner's GENESIS programs:
- Andy Turner's GENESIS XML IO Java Library
- Andy Turner's Generic Java Library
- Andy Turner's MoSeS Java Code
- Andy Turner's Grids Java Library
- Andy Turner's Vector Java Library
- Commons Math: The Apache Commons Mathematics Library
- Traveling Salesman
- Java Topology Suite (JTS)
- ESRC has supported this work as:
- JISC has supported this work as:
- Thanks to: