Room 10.128 Manton Building (Level 10)
School of Geography
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK
+44 (0) 113 34 36753
Varies by semester. Please feel free to email me for an appointment.
Work in progress
2014-2016 INTERSECTION: Intergenerational Justice, Consumption and Sustainability in Comparative Perspective (AHRC Care for the Future Programme, Sustainability Highlight Notice), Deputy PI (Gill Valentine, Sheffield PI), £850,000.
2016 ESRC / Leeds Social Sciences Institute Impact Accelerator Award, 'Keeping girls in school and safe from exploitation in Jinja, Uganda', Principal Investigator, with Katie McQuaid (PDRA and Co-I), £13,643
- Worldwide Universities Network (WUN), Fund for International Research Collaboration, 'International research network for the study of children and younng people of migrant descent: opening South-North dialogues', Co-I (with Rosa Mas Giralt PI and Louise Waite),£14,659.
- 2008-2010 Sexuality and Global Faith Networks: A Social Topography, Co-I (AHRC/ESRC Religion and Society Programme, £310,000)
- 2007 British Academy Overseas Conference Grant £500. 'Less Than the Sum of its Parts? Reflections on Theory, Relevance and Debate in Children's Geographies' `To support attendance at the Annual Meeting of the AAG
- 2006-09 White Rose Consortium funding to support 3 year PhD Studentship on ‘Intergenerational Space in Contemporary Britain’ (valued at approximately £17,300/ year)
- 2004 US Department of Education / University of Vermont McNair Scholars $1500 grant to support research mentoring of an undergraduate on the geographies of race and ethnicity in Vermont, USA
- 2003 Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Vermont $400. Course improvement grant for qualitative research methods in geography
- 2003 Dean’s Fund, University of Vermont “The Social Geography of Public Space in Burlington” $1875
- 2002 Committee on Research and Scholarship, University of Vermont Gypsy-Traveller Young People and the Voluntary Sector in the UK $3620