Room Manton 10.131
School of Geography
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK
+44 (0) 113 34 33367
Please email for an appointment
- Waite L; Lewis H (2017) Precarious Irregular Migrants and Their Sharing Economies: A Spectrum of Transactional Laboring Experiences, Annals of the American Association of Geographers, pp.1-15. doi: 10.1080/24694452.2016.1270188
- Cook J; Waite L (2016) ‘I think I'm more free with them'—Conflict, Negotiation and Change in Intergenerational Relations in African Families Living in Britain, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, 42, pp.1388-1402. doi: 10.1080/1369183X.2015.1073578
- Dwyer P; Hodkinson S; Lewis H; Waite L (2016) Socio-legal status and experiences of forced labour among asylum seekers and refugees in the UK, Journal of International and Comparative Social Policy, 32, pp.182-198. doi: 10.1080/21699763.2016.1175961
- Lewis H; Dwyer P; Hodkinson S; Waite L (2015) Hyper-precarious lives: Migrants, work and forced labour in the Global North, Progress in Human Geography, 39, pp.580-600. doi: 10.1177/0309132514548303
- Lewis H; Waite L (2015) Asylum, immigration restrictions and exploitation: hyper-precarity as a lens for understanding and tackling forced labour, Anti-Trafficking Review, 5, pp.50-68. doi: 10.14197/atr.20121554
- Waite L; Lewis H; Dwyer P; Hodkinson S (2015) Precarious lives: Refugees and asylum seekers' resistance within unfree labouring, ACME, 14, pp.479-491.
- Waite L; Lewis H; Valentine G (2014) Multiply vulnerable populations: mobilising a politics of compassion from the 'capacity to hurt', Social and Cultural Geography, . doi: 10.1080/14649365.2013.872286
- Lewis H; Dwyer P; Scullion L; Waite L (2012) From restrictions to the cap: Trends in UK migration policy, Journal of Poverty and Social Justice, 20, pp.87-91. doi: 10.1332/175982712X626798
- Waite L (2012) Neo-assimilationist citizenship and belonging policies in Britain: Meanings for transnational migrants in northern England, Geoforum, 43, pp.353-361. doi: 10.1016/j.geoforum.2011.08.009
- Cook J; Dwyer P; Waite L (2012) Accession 8 migration and the proactive and defensive engagement of social citizenship, Journal of Social Policy, 41, pp.329-347. doi: 10.1017/S0047279411000766
- Valentine G; Waite L (2012) Negotiating Difference through Everyday Encounters: The Case of Sexual Orientation and Religion and Belief, Antipode, 44, pp.474-492. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8330.2010.00866.x
- Attias-Donfut C; Waite L (2012) From Generation to Generation: Changing Family Relations, Citizenship and Belonging, CITIZENSHIP, BELONGING AND INTERGENERATIONAL RELATIONS IN AFRICAN MIGRATION, pp.40-62.
- Waite L; Aigner P (2012) Country Monographs: Britain, CITIZENSHIP, BELONGING AND INTERGENERATIONAL RELATIONS IN AFRICAN MIGRATION, pp.109-138.
- Waite L; Conn C (2011) Creating a space for young women's voices: using 'participatory video drama' in Uganda, GENDER PLACE AND CULTURE, 18, pp.115-135. doi: 10.1080/0966369X.2011.535297
- Waite L; Cook J (2011) Belonging among diasporic African communities in the UK: Plurilocal homes and simultaneity of place attachments, Emotion, Space and Society, 4, pp.238-248. doi: 10.1016/j.emospa.2010.08.001
- Cook J; Dwyer P; Waite L (2011) 'Good relations' among neighbours and workmates? The everyday encounters of Accession 8 migrants and established communities in Urban England, Population, Space and Place, 17, pp.727-741. doi: 10.1002/psp.638
- Cook J; Dwyer P; Waite L (2011) The Experiences of Accession 8 Migrants in England: Motivations, Work and Agency, International Migration, 49, pp.54-79. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2435.2009.00595.x
- Wood N; Waite L (2011) Editorial: Scales of belonging, Emotion, Space and Society, 4, pp.201-202. doi: 10.1016/j.emospa.2011.06.005
- Waite L (2009) A place and space for a critical geography of precarity?, Geography Compass, 3, pp.412-433. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-8198.2008.00184.x
- Cook J; Dwyer J; Waite LJ (2008) The impact of new A8 migrant communities in Leeds, Yorkshire and Humber Regional Review, 2, pp.8-10.
- Waite LJ (2007) "Some people drink as the body should feel a little ease": Understanding body management amongst manual labourers in Western India., Journal of South Asian Development, 2, pp.227-253. doi: 10.1177/097317410700200203
- Waite LJ (2005) How is labouring enabled through the body? A case study of manual workers in rural India, Contemporary South Asia, 14, pp.411-428. doi: 10.1080/09584930600839107
- Waite LJ (2005) “Nasty, Brutish and Short”? Alternative readings of manual labourers’ lives in rural India, Economic Geography, .
- Waite LJ (2001) Kerala's informal labour market interventions: From work to well-being?, Economic and Political Weekly, 36, pp.2393-2397.
- Waite LJ (2000) 'How is household vulnerability gendered? Female-headed households in the collectives of Suleimaniyah, Iraqi Kurdistan', Disasters, 24, pp.153-172.
- Waite LJ (Not yet published) Asylum Seekers and the Labour Market: Spaces of Discomfort and Hostility, Social Policy and Society, .
- Waite L; Lewis H; Craig G; Skrivankova K (2015) Vulnerability, exploitation and migrants: Insecure work in a globalised economy, Palgrave.
- Waite LJ; Dwyer; P; Hodkinson; S; Lewis; H (2014) Precarious lives: Forced Labour, Exploitation and Asylum, The Policy Press.
- Attias-Donfut C; Cook J; Hoffmann J; Waite LJ (2012) Citizenship, Belonging and Intergenerational Relations in African Migration, Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship, Palgrave Macmillan. doi: 10.1057/9780230390324
- Waite LJ (2006) Embodied Working Lives: Work and Life in Maharashtra, India, Migration, Lexington Books, pp.xviii,281p.
- Waite LJ (2014) Exploring the link between immigration status and forced labour in the UK, Human Trafficking Reconsidered: Migration and Forced Labor, .
- Waite LJ (2012) Participatory video: A feminist way of seeing, Participatory video: A feminist way of seeing, .
- Waite LJ (2012) African migrants in Britain, Citizenship, Belonging and Intergenerational Relations in African Migration., .
- Waite LJ (2012) Intergenerational relations, citizenship and belonging among African migrants., Citizenship, Belonging and Intergenerational Relations in African Migration., .
- Waite LJ (2014) Forced labour in the UK: Why are migrants so vulnerable?, .
- Waite LJ; Lewis H; Hodkinson S; Dwyer P (2013) Precarious lives: Experiences of forced labour among refugees and asylum seekers in England, .
- Waite LJ; Lewis H; Scullion L; Dwyer P (2011) Status matters: forced labour and UK immigration policy, pp.1-45.
- Waite LJ; Cook J; Aigner P (2009) Intergenerational relations and the settlement experiences of African migrants in northern England, .
- Waite LJ; Dwyer P; Cook J (2008) The impact of new A8 migrant communities in Leeds, .