School of Geography
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK
+44 (0) 113 34 33335
How can we construct reliable scientific knowledge about the global environment and communicate this effectively to international and national policy makers?
Dr Alan Grainger is a Senior Lecturer in Global Change & Policy. His research interests include the modelling and monitoring of tropical deforestation and land use change, and the study of the role of tropical forest biodiversity and carbon stores in global environmental change. His interests also extend to the fields of sustainable development, desertification, and the analysis of forest policy and institutions.
- Grainger A (2017) The Prospect of Global Environmental Relativities After an Anthropocene Tipping Point, Forest Policy and Economics, 79, pp.36-49. doi: 10.1016/j.forpol.2017.01.008
- Grainger A (2017) Citizen Observatories and the New Earth Observation Science, Remote Sensing, 9, . doi: 10.3390/rs9020153
- Bastin JF; Berrahmouni N; Grainger A; Maniatis D; Mollicone D et al. (2017) The extent of forest in dryland biomes, Science, 356, pp.635-638. doi: 10.1126/science.aam6527
- Akhtar-Schuster M; Amiraslani F; Morejon CFD; Escadafal R; Grainger A et al. (2016) Designing a new science-policy communication mechanism for the UN Convention to Combat Desertification, Environmental Science and Policy, 63, pp.122-131. doi: 10.1016/j.envsci.2016.03.009
- Adekola O; Mitchell G; Grainger A (2015) Inequality and ecosystem services: The value and social distribution of Niger Delta wetland services, Ecosystem Services, 12, pp.42-54. doi: 10.1016/j.ecoser.2015.01.005
- Improving Thailand's Capacity to Predict Possible Future Impacts of Global Climate Change on its Forest Biodiversity and to Take Preventative Measures.
- The World's Forests: Design and Implementation of Effective Measurement and Monitoring.