The overall aim of the project is to develop a new collaboration and plan of research between members of the UK Hydroinformatics
Group and researchers in Japan who work in this field. The aim will be achieved through the following objectives:
- To initiate a substantive collaboration between Japan and the UK through a one week visit by the UK delegation to the University of Kyoto during 2006.
- To exchange ideas between the UK delegation, Prof Kojiriís research group and within academia and industry in Japan in the applied area of hydroinformatics and data-driven modelling.
- To develop a work plan of research that will be initiated during the visit and continued upon return to the UK.
- To promote the collective research of the UK delegation through outreach activities while in Japan including a workshop.
- To disseminate information about the collaboration and the research outputs through a website, conferences presentations and academic papers.
- To investigate opportunities for further funding that will sustain the collaboration in the future.