School of Geography
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK
+44 (0) 113 34 33327
I hold the position of Chair in Global Challenges. My research focuses on the institutional economics of natural resource management and takes an interdisciplinary approach bringing together both the natural and social sciences. I am interested in the links between local and international law and policy and the practical aspects of implementation of global agreements. I work in many different countries with recent projects in Nepal, Lebanon, Tanzania and Mexico.
For information about the MOOC that Jon is running which starts on 19 October 2015: 'When Worlds Collide', watch the trailer and visit the teaching section at the bottom right of...
- Carlucci MB; Seger GDS; Sheil D; Amaral IL; Lovett JC et al. (2017) Phylogenetic composition and structure of tree communities shed light on historical processes influencing tropical rainforest diversity, Ecography, 40, pp.521-530. doi: 10.1111/ecog.02104
- Nkiaka E; Nawaz NR; Lovett JC (2017) Evaluating global reanalysis precipitation datasets with rain gauge measurements in the Sudano-Sahel region: case study of the Logone catchment, Lake Chad Basin, Meteorological Applications, 24, pp.9-18. doi: 10.1002/met.1600
- Sullivan MJP; Talbot J; Lewis SL; Phillips OL; Qie L et al. (2017) Diversity and carbon storage across the tropical forest biome, Scientific Reports, 7, . doi: 10.1038/srep39102
- Ullah K; Arentsen MJ; Lovett JC (2017) Institutional determinants of power sector reform in Pakistan, Energy Policy, 102, pp.332-339. doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2016.12.019
- Nkiaka E; Nawaz NR; Lovett JC (2017) Evaluating global reanalysis datasets as input for hydrological modelling in the Sudano-Sahel region, Hydrology, 4, . doi: 10.3390/hydrology4010013