School of Geography
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK
+44 (0) 113 34 33305
I am a Professor in Biogeochemical Cycles. My interest is in documenting and understanding large-scale (continental to global) interactions and changes of the coupled carbon cycle climate system over time-scales relevant to us today.
The tools include atmospheric and oceanic Greenhouse Gas measurements, and interpretation of such data using 3D fluid dynamics models of atmospheric and oceanic transport and chemistry, as well as ancillary data e.g. from remote sensing.
- Mcnorton J; Chipperfield MP; Gloor M; Wilson C; Feng W et al. (2016) Role of OH variability in the stalling of the global atmospheric CH4 growth rate from 1999 to 2006, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 16, pp.7943-7956. doi: 10.5194/acp-16-7943-2016
- Gatti LV; Gloor M; Miller JB; Doughty CE; Malhi Y et al. (2014) Drought sensitivity of Amazonian carbon balance revealed by atmospheric measurements, Nature, 506, pp.76-80. doi: 10.1038/nature12957
- Espírito-Santo FDB; Gloor M; Keller M; Malhi Y; Saatchi S et al. (2014) Size and frequency of natural forest disturbances and the Amazon forest carbon balance, Nature Communications, 5, . doi: 10.1038/ncomms4434
- Gloor M; Brienen RJW; Galbraith D; Feldpausch TR; Schoengart J et al. (2013) Intensification of the Amazon hydrological cycle over the last two decades, GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS, 40, pp.1729-1733. doi: 10.1002/grl.50377
- Gloor M; Sarmiento JL; Gruber N (2010) What can be learned about carbon cycle climate feedbacks from the CO
2airborne fraction?, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 10, pp.7739-7751. doi: 10.5194/acp-10-7739-2010
Additional recent publications
- Brienen RJW; Gloor M; Ziv G (2017) Tree demography dominates long-term growth trends inferred from tree rings, Global Change Biology, 23, pp.474-484. doi: 10.1111/gcb.13410
- Sullivan MJP; Talbot J; Lewis SL; Phillips OL; Qie L et al. (2017) Diversity and carbon storage across the tropical forest biome, Scientific Reports, 7, . doi: 10.1038/srep39102
- Phillips OL; Brienen RJW; Gloor E; Baker TR; Lloyd J et al. (2017) Carbon uptake by mature Amazon forests has mitigated Amazon nations' carbon emissions, Carbon Balance and Management, 12, . doi: 10.1186/s13021-016-0069-2