Room Garstang 10.24
School of Geography
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT UK
+44 (0) 113 34 32730
E-mail to make appointment
I am a Lecturer in Earth System Dynamics. My research focuses on improving our understanding of the biogeochemical cycling and vegetation dynamics of tropical forests and how these processes might be affected by global environmental change.
A core strand of my work involves using field data collected across the tropics to improve the representation of key ecosystem processes in dynamic global vegetation models and ultimately reduce uncertainty in simulations of climate change impacts on tropical forests.
- Restrepo-Coupe N; Levine NM; Christoffersen BO; Albert LP; Galbraith D et al. (2017) Do dynamic global vegetation models capture the seasonality of carbon fluxes in the Amazon basin? A data-model intercomparison, Global Change Biology, 23, pp.191-208. doi: 10.1111/gcb.13442
- Guimberteau M; Ciais P; Pablo Boisier J; Paula Dutra Aguiar A; Galbraith D et al. (2017) Impacts of future deforestation and climate change on the hydrology of the Amazon Basin: A multi-model analysis with a new set of land-cover change scenarios, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 21, pp.1455-1475. doi: 10.5194/hess-21-1455-2017
- De Almeida Castanho AD; Galbraith D; Zhang K; Coe MT; Costa MH et al. (2016) Changing Amazon biomass and the role of atmospheric CO
2concentration, climate, and land use, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 30, pp.18-39. doi: 10.1002/2015GB005135
- Costa MH; Coe MT; Galbraith DR (2016) Land-Atmosphere Interactions, Advances in Meteorology, 2016, . doi: 10.1155/2016/2362398
- Johnson MO; Galbraith D; Gloor M; De Deurwaerder H; Guimberteau M et al. (2016) Variation in stem mortality rates determines patterns of above-ground biomass in Amazonian forests: implications for dynamic global vegetation models, Global Change Biology, 22, pp.3996-4013. doi: 10.1111/gcb.13315