- This is Andy Turner's web page about GEOG2035 Geographies of Economies, a Level 2 undergraduate core geography module.
- This page is primarily for Andy's organisation.
- The module was first made available in the 2012 to 2013 academic year and effectively combined two past modules, GEOG2300 - Human Geography Tutorials with Dissertation Design, and GEOG2310 - Ideas in Human Geography. The pastoral tutoring element was separated. Initially the module spanned both semesters. It has lectures, seminars, tutorials and assessed work components. In Semester 2 there was a focus on dissertation preparation when new Dissertation Support Groups form and dissertation mentoring begins.
- In the 2015 to 2016 academic year the mould of assessment by assessed essay was partially broken and students selected and undertook group projects under the supervision of members of staff.
Documentation and References
- Links to web pages for specific year groups
- The university of Leeds Virtual Learning Environment Portal