This web page is to support the members of The University of Leeds Staff Squash Club and is kept upto date on a best effort basis. Please email the club secretary (Andy Turner) if there are any issues with this page.
It provides some general information about the club, a record of club membership, lists to facilitate communication, and links that might be useful to members.
- The club has a block booking for all 3 courts at the Gryphon Centre on Wednesday's from 5:15pm until 6:45pm.
- New members and visitors are most welcome. Please email the secretary (Andy Turner) before you come down for the first time or invite a visitor along.
- The idea of Wednesday evening sessions is to play, practise, exercise, meet other players, socialise and be friendly.
- The general format we use is American scoring first to 15 then swap.
- If more than 6 players are wanting to play, we usually use one or two courts to keep warm and use at least one court for shorter games up to 11 points...
- We rely on self organisation at the session for this.
- There are two regular league competitions that run at the university:
- If members want to organise competitions, teams, coaching, or visits to other facilities to play or spectate then please self organise.
- If you want to call a General Meeting, please email the secretary and chairpersons.
There have been general meetings in the past and there is an archive of notes from these. The last meeting was in September 2012.
- The club has four pairs of safety spectacles which are available to anyone that wants to use them.
In partnership with PDHSPORTS.com, one of Europe's leading racket sports retailers based in Derbyshire. Club members can save a further 5% off everything in store by entering coupon code LEEDS13 at checkout.