Search site

School of Geography

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my visa extended until graduation?

To extend your leave to remain in the UK to either attend your graduation ceremony or to continue your studies you need to contact the International Office. They operate a "Batch Scheme" and are happy to forward applications on to the Home Office.

They have lots of useful information on their web pages. If you can't find what you are looking for there, you can contact them at 18 Blenheim Terrace, Leeds. They are open between 10.00 and 15.30.

How do I hire gowns for graduation?

Gowns for graduation are supplied by Ede and Ravenscroft.
For further information please go to their website.

Where do I find out the timetable for graduation?

The schedules for the university graduation ceremonies can be found at:

For additional enquiries about graduation please see the ceremonies home page or contact Sharon Murphy