Search site

School of Geography

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a statement and verification of an award?

The Central Student Administration office can supply statements to confirm the award of a degree, or attendance at the University for former students. This service is free, and those wishing to obtain a statement should write to the Transcript Desk at the address below, stating full name (maiden name if appropriate), date of birth, programme of study and date of award (or date left University).

Current students who need confirmation that they are a registered student should apply to Student Section, Central Student Administration.


Transcripts are a full academic record of a student's career and include marks from all years. They are signed by the Senior Assistant Registrar and are laminated. However, marks are not available for taught postgraduates who graduated in or before July 1992 and these students should apply for a statement instead.

To request a new transcript please visit our online store here.